Friday, March 16, 2012

Sachin on 100th Hundred- Sachin reached the 100th hundred milestone - Sachin 100-100.



Sachin reached the 100th hundred milestone with probably the most lustily cheered single of his career - a clip towards square leg off the bowling of Shakib-al Hasan, but the celebration was muted, just a characteristic look skywards with arms raised and a kiss planted on the India logo on the helmet. 

After the disappointment of watching the Bangladesh batsmen cart India's bowlers all over the park, he told reporters: "I am not God. I am Sachin Tendulkar." 

He admitted the long wait of 33 innings for the ton frustrated him at times. "I felt even after 22 years, the cricket god was testing me over the last one year. I will be honest, I was frustrated at times, but I never gave up," Tendulkar said. "It's a wrong notion that I didn't go to West Indies to get my 100th hundred in England. You can never plan your hundreds, if I could, I would have been something else. 

"I came so close so many times. I could have got it in Oval (against England), in Mumbai (against Windies) or in the first two Tests in Australia. My feet were moving so well, I just didn't know why it was not coming. It was difficult, those who haven't gone through it won't know how difficult it was." 

Next came the loaded question. Now that he has reached the magic mark, what's the next milestone for him? "I've never played cricket for milestones. While playing, I have ended up breaking a few records, but that was never my goal. I play cricket just because I enjoy the game. The 100th hundred was the most difficult." 

Just after completing his century, Tendulkar "thanked God". "I was not looking at the scoreboard. I just took it one ball at a time and looked to do it for the team. Even after completing my century, my job was not done." 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...